Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Where Did the Time Go?

I just joined a group for mom bloggers, so I thought I should probably check in on my blogs since I hadn't done so in a while. I was SHOCKED to find that I haven't blogged in well over a year! Egads, where did the time go?

The older I get, the more I find myself saying that. When did my son get to be over 6 feet tall? When did my baby become such a wise young girl? When the heck did I turn 40??? Where DID all that time go?


That's the difficult part about truly loving your life, I suppose. It's never going to be enough. No matter how long I live, there will never be enough time to do all the things I want to do, say all the things I want to say, think all the things I want to think, be all the things I want to be. I will never, ever have my fill when it comes to kisses, and hugs, and cuddles, and caresses, and kind words, and loving thoughts. There will never be enough time to LOVE and to LIVE as much as I want to.

I hope I have quite a few decades left on this earth, but even if I get to be 100+ years old, I'm sure my last thought before I die will be "Where did all the time go?"

No comments: